At A Glance
- CFO, board of directors
- EBITDA expansion
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Equity and debt financing
- Multinational accounting
- Hedging and risk management
- Specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical excipients, horticulture, oil & gas
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led the planning and purchase of multiple strategic acquisitions and their successful integration
- Implemented multi-location, cross border administration systems, including transfer pricing and taxation design
- Created positive environments where teams could thrive and be successful
Brad Wiens has nearly 30 years of leadership experience in the process manufacturing arena, in markets as diverse as specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical excipients and plant growing media. He has fostered high performing teams and built organizations through market expansion and acquisition. His most recent experience as CFO of Sun Gro Horticulture, Inc. included over a dozen acquisitions, an initial public offering (Canadian $220 million), multiple bank financings and an eventual favorable sale of the company in 2011. The company grew from $73 million to $222 million in sales, and operating income increased eight-fold. Brad’s previous experience at Penwest, Ltd. included senior leadership roles at both operating units. He led the integration and cultural transformation of a newly acquired excipients business which was eventually spun off as a separate public company. Brad has also served as an interim CFO for two tech companies serving the oil & gas market, where his activities included selling minority interests and working closely with the respective CEO/owner as an advisor.
Brad holds a bachelor of science at Oregon State University and is an inactive CPA (Oregon).