At A Glance
- Chairman, CEO, COO, CMO and Board Member
- Complex global multisite, multinational, multi product business environments
- Business Strategy, strategic marketing and operational expertise
- Skill sets include: general management, marketing, product development, program management, service/support/maintenance and operations
- International expertise gained working for European based companies, managing global business enterprises and as an expatriate living in Europe and Asia
- Process improvement across a full range of functions and geographies
- Turnaround management, Chapter 11 and public to private transaction success
- Profitability planning and execution
- Experience on four public boards, one advisory board and two not for profit boards, including the Chairman role and extensive committee participation (audit, compensation, finance and executive committees)
- Author of Strategies in Action, a catalytic approach to strategic growth
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led a troubled technology company from $300 million in revenue to $830 million through a combination of acquisition, organic growth and three major acquisitions, and drove EBITDA from $23 million to $93 million.
- Successfully led multiple companies going through transition, consistently grew revenue at above market rate and increased profitability; successfully managed a company through chapter 11; and led two public company to private transitions and sales to private equity
- A consistent hallmark in working with companies in transition has been to work with them to develop best of breed products, often leap frogging the competition and asserting or reasserting market leadership.
Ed Borey has had a 40 year career as CEO in general management and Board governance, serving small to middle market public companies in North America, Europe and Asia. His early Fortune 1000 executive experience was gained in finance, product development and marketing. Ed served as Chairman and CEO of Watchguard Technologies, an internet security pioneer; as CEO and Board member of PSC, a designer/manufacturer of optical scanners and hand held computer devices; as COO of Intermec Inc., a designer /manufacturer of handheld computers, RF networks, printer and optical scanner devices; and, as CMO of Datachecker Systems, a retail systems provider of point of sale and back office systems. Additionally, he has held a number of general manager positions in manufacturing and marketing divisions. Ed has worked extensively with companies in transition, often companies that were highly innovative pioneers and leaders in their respective industries, companies successfully achieving high growth and successfully executing global acquisition strategies; as well as successful turnarounds and restructurings, chapter 11 and public-to-private sales. Industry experience ranges from systems to hardware, software, internet security and peripherals in the computer industry; to aerospace, homeland security, food service, consumable supplies and graphics printing. He holds a BS in Economics and Political Science for the State University of New York, College of Oswego, a Master’s in Public Administration from the University of Oklahoma and an MBA from Santa Clara University.