At a Glance
- Senior investment banker, CFO, business advisor
- Board of Directors and committee member, private and non-profit
- Strategic investment and M&A transaction leader, from idea generation to execution and post-closing implementation
- Equity and debt capital raising from banks, private equity/venture funds, and capital markets
- Cross-border and cross-cultural negotiations and communications
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Expertise across telecommunications, media and IT
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, with advanced proficiency in French, dual citizen of Portugal and the U.S.
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led financial and administrative functions to enable growth from three to eight operating facilities in five states, generating a threefold increase in run rate revenue and quadrupled employee headcount.
- Advised U.S. multinationals and foreign companies on strategic transactions and led execution deal teams on cross-border, cross-cultural M&A and capital raising transactions.
Fernando Viana is an investment banker, CFO and senior operating executive with over 20 years of financial leadership experience, with particular expertise in international strategic and advisory work. As CFO and senior executive of a Seattle-based high growth, private healthcare management start-up, Fernando led financial and administrative functions to enable growth from three to eight operating facilities in five states, generating a threefold increase in run rate revenue to approximately $58 million and total employee growth from approximately 250 to over 1000 in under a year. As an M&A banker and business advisor, Fernando advised U.S. multinationals and foreign companies on strategic transactions and led execution deal teams on cross-border, cross-cultural M&A and capital raising transactions. Work included acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and asset dispositions. Responsibilities included ownership of end-to-end transaction execution, from idea generation to strategic planning, business plan formulation, financial forecasts, capital structure, debt and equity capital-raising, legal structuring, due diligence, and integration of finance and operations post-closing.
Fernando holds a Master of Arts in International Relations from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University in Boston and a Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa) in Economics and Politics from New York University. He also completed a Certificate Program in Conservation Biology at Columbia University in New York.