At A Glance
- Experienced CFO for manufacturing, construction, bottling and food & beverage
- Terms negotiation for working capital needs and growth financing
- Project Management
- Hiring, training and mentorship
- Effective communication
- Software system implementation
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Obtained significant liquidity for principals in several privately held companies. Negotiated to sell the company or sell brands and intellectual property, which included preparing the company or brands to bring maximum value, organizing reports and analytical information to expedite due diligence, selecting investment bankers and negotiating favorable terms
- As CFO, implemented standard cost systems and variance reporting at two different companies to eliminate inventory losses, improve costing and pricing, and analyze fixed and variable overhead
- Negotiated financing for fixed assets; arranged financing and working capital lines at a company to support growth in sales from $16 million to $70 million and growth in inventories from $3 million to $45 million. Negotiated a factoring line at a textile company to finance $400 million in receivables.
- Grew a start-up in the services industry from one location to 24 locations in six states, adding more than 800 employees and vehicles, while financing for a growth in sales to $50 million
- Implemented budgetary controls and financial planning in multiple industries to improve performance
Gary Goatcher has more than 35 years of experience in corporate finance, accounting and operations. Serving as a Chief Financial Officer and as a senior member of management, Gary has directed, planned and financed significant growth in multiple industries. He also has extensive experience raising capital to support growth and to finance mergers and acquisitions. His career has included roles in large public and private multi-division manufacturing companies, service companies, turnaround management consulting, and as a commercial bank loan officer. He has implemented Standard Cost systems including variance reporting, bill of materials systems, and inventory control procedures. Gary also directed investor relations for a NYSE company, meeting with Wall Street bankers, sell-side analysts, portfolio managers, and institutional fund managers. He has prepared business plans and loan requests to obtain working capital loans and fixed asset financing for emerging growth companies. Gary has extensive experience in mergers & acquisitions including purchasing competitors, individual plants, brands and intellectual property, and selling plants and brands, which encompassed negotiating terms, performing due diligence and deal analysis, and integrating acquired operations.