At A Glance
- COO, Board Member.
- Business strategy, strategic marketing and operational expertise
- Skill sets include: general management, marketing, product development, program management, service/support/maintenance and operations
- Development of tools to improve reporting and management of key metrics
- Building successful retail brands
- Development of highly effective and efficient management teams by elimination of corporate silos
- Negotiating vendor/supplier agreements
- Corporate mergers and integrations
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led the successful and swift turnaround of $125 million retail grocery company with historically weak operating and financial performance, attaining a 32 percent increase to EBITDA and their largest and only net profit in over 10 years
- Negotiated new supply and transportation agreements for an $800 million retail company which was the cornerstone to doubling net income over the previous year’s level
- Developed and implemented crisis management plan, quickly mitigating potential loss of customer base and potentially significant financial penalties due to illegal activities by the pharmacy manager in a retail location.
Jeff Wood has more than 30 years of senior executive roles in the retail food industry in companies ranging in size from $125 million to $1.5 billion in annual revenue. His business experience includes sales, marketing, pharmacy operations, human resources, mergers and acquisitions, system design and integration management, contract negotiations, store design, construction management and store operations. As COO of a chain with $125 million in annual sales, he was able to improve EBITDA over 32 percent in one year and as COO of another $800 million company was able to double net income in first year as a result of negotiating new supply and transportation agreements, along with improving internal communications and company efficiency. Jeff excels at taking a no nonsense, practical approach to building successful retail brands and delivering exceptional performance. He has served on the Boards of Allied Employers and the Western Association of Food Chains, and on committees of a number of non-profit organizations.