At A Glance
- COO, CFO and executive director (interim CEO)
- Healthcare and hospital leadership
- Lean (Toyota Production, TPS) Certification
- Merger and acquisitions (M&A)
- Financial and operational turnarounds
- Product development
- Strategic growth through M&A and partnership collaborations
- Banking and private equity investments
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Relocated operations for an HMO from Minneapolis to Seattle including complete operational set up, IT installation and product development for the market.
- Led the turnaround of a mid-size multi-specialty physician practice and led negotiations to affiliate with a local hospital while retaining a percentage ownership for the physician partnership.
- Re-designed and installed financial and reporting systems for a start-up and for a multi-regional physician network to improving cash flow and reduce cost.
- Partnered with a local payer around the formation of a Medical Home model by helping to customize financing to ensure the model was viable
John Clarke has worked in the Washington healthcare community for 34 years with a passion for excellence for those served across our state. Throughout his career, John’s primary interest has been to improve the value of health care through standardization, the elimination of unnecessary waste and improved outcomes. He has worked directly with physician and employer groups for years and has deep experience collaborating with physician executive leaders to develop growth strategies while advising on reimbursement issues, compensation methodologies, cost containment and payer contracts. As an executive, John has been COO for a HMO health plan, CFO and CEO of a physician owned practice and CFO for an integrated delivery system across five geographic markets. In 1997 as COO of the Virginia Mason Health Plan (VMHP), U.S. News and World report ranked the HMO number six in the nation based on low cost, high quality and service excellence. John is certified Green Belt in Lean. He also has broad experience with organizational strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, payor contracting and relationships, budgeting and planning, retirement funds management, banking and financing, compliance, strategic partnerships and customer service.