At A Glance
- CEO, Executive Vice President, COO, Board of Directors
- US and multi-national organizations
- Leadership of Consumer and B2B manufacturing, and professional service companies
- Closely-held, Public, and Private Equity-owned companies
- Liquidity event preparation, M&A transaction leadership
- Technical product development in medical devices, high volume product development in consumer soft goods
- Supply chain development and optimization
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Identified raw material need, performed global research and negotiated an exclusive worldwide agreement with Pilot Ink of Japan, outpacing potential competitors and adding profitable revenue
- Defined need, performed site selection, negotiated with local governments and located multi-site facilities, improving customer delivery and reducing operational costs
- Strategically implemented technology solutions to reduce costs and improve service, transitioning Warner Brothers from physical samples to an online approval process, winning vendor of the year award; identified patient medical device market and directed implementation of profitable online sales and delivery
With over 30 years of experience in executive management, Kaye Counts is a strategic problem solver focused on the impact of business development, sales and marketing, product development, operations and finance on an organization. She has demonstrated her ability to build successful companies from the ground floor to IPO and acquisition in the medical device and consumer products market. As CEO of AquaGuard, the company enjoyed profitable growth year over year. Sun Sportswear, which reached $105 million under her leadership as Executive VP and COO, went public and was sold. Kaye was instrumental in the development of infrastructure, ranging from business operations to regulatory certifications while building cultures of continuous quality improvement. She has been the key strategist in multiple external relationships including investor relations, private equity firms, patent and trademark law, complex customer and vendor contracts and employment law. At Sun Sportswear she secured more than $20 million in exclusive agreements with brands, including Disney, Coca-Cola, Warner Brothers and the NFL. In her 13 years in the medical device industry, along with regional distributors throughout the United States, she established distributorships in Japan and Taiwan while supporting relationships in Mexico, Hong Kong and Costa Rica. In her 17 years in the apparel industry, Kaye developed multiple manufacturing operations in the United States, Pakistan and China.
Kaye holds a BS from West Virginia State University and attended West Virginia University for two years.