At A Glance
- Lived and worked in the US, Switzerland, UK, Germany and Italy
- Board and executive committee member, CFO, CIRO, senior investment banker
- Board governance and communication
- Leadership culture, team building and retention, succession planning
- Strategic international business development, cross-cultural negotiations
- IPO, investor relations, road shows
- M&A, acquisition financing, capital markets funding, commercial lending
- Fluent in English, French, Italian, German and proficient in Spanish
- Corporate references: Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Fiat Industrial, CNH Industrial
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Participated in demerger of industrial assets from world’s top 7 automotive group into new and independent company, and subsequent merger into third largest capital goods global leader as chief investor relations officer (CIRO), resulting in a broadened shareholder base acquiring more than 100 new high quality investors.
- Parachuted as CFO of $5 billion international division (Central Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Australia) and key player in corporate turnaround due to global financial crisis, reorganizing businesses and slashing costs. Reduced headcount over 10 percent, while implementing 26 new productivity projects.
- Created, led and elevated Germany’s largest bank’s Southern European Capital Markets franchise within 2 years to #1 league table ranking with more than 12 major transactions and over EUR 20 billion of overall funding.
- Generated over 20 high profile, multi-billion funding programs (i.e. EUR 8 billion for world’s largest food company and EUR 2.5 billion for a global mining company).
Manfred Markevitch is an international senior executive with more than 20 years of leadership experience within global finance management in the financial services and manufacturing industries. He is a board member, CFO, CIRO and senior investment banker who utilizes a 360-degree view across multiple industries, geographies and functions to drive transformational change, finance strategy, trend identification and capital investment determinations. Manfred has turned around under-performing operations, re-engineered business infrastructure and led highly profitable startups domestically and internationally.
Manfred holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA), or TRIUM Global Executive MBA, jointly awarded by New York University, Stern School of Business, The London School of Economics & Political Sciences and HEC Paris School of Management. He also holds a Master of Art (MA) in Business Administration from the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland. He is fluent in English, French, Italian, German and proficient in Spanish. He is a former military officer.