At A Glance
- CEO, COO, Board member
- Middle market to large multi-nationals
- Start-ups and mezzanine companies
- Turnarounds – architect and execution
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Marketing and sales management (including direct response TV and Internet social media campaigns)
- Extensive international experience: Asia, Eastern Europe, Russia
- Industries: National defense, medical equipment, computer hardware, forest product equipment, kitchen electrics/appliances, small resorts, banking, business development consulting
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Co-founded firm that developed world’s first solid state medical capnometer; successfully sold to major medical equipment company after two years.
- Co-founded firm that pioneered direct TV marketing in the US and created two small kitchen electric appliances that led that category for a decade; company grew from $0 to $60 million in sales in three years and then successfully sold to major kitchen products company
- Reorganized management structure to a team orientation, introduced contemporary marketing strategy and techniques and expanded product line to include laptop devices as short term (six months) contracted CEO of largest computer manufacturer in Russia; company increased sales by more than 30 percent in six months
Bob Lamson’s career spans 40 years of CEO/COO management, sometimes as the business co-founder, sometimes on a contract basis and sometimes as a hired turn-around specialist. Positions include both domestic and international companies. Business sectors include national defense, medical equipment, computer hardware, forest products equipment, domestic appliances, banking and business consulting. He is known for his team oriented management approach and building strong management cores. Depending on circumstances organizational priorities have included one or more of the following: strategic business planning and organization, financing, product development sourcing, international sales network building, both retail and ecommerce sales channels, media campaigns and branding. His positions include co-founded companies with the exit path of being successfully acquired by larger businesses. He also serves and has served on Boards of Directors for both private and non-profit entities. Bob has co-authored a book on defense economics and is an accomplished public speaker. He holds a BA in Economics from Yale University and an MBA and Ph.D. in Economics, both from the University of Washington.