At A Glance
- Partner, COO, CFO, Board of Directors
- SEC and Financial Reporting
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Equity and debt financing
- Aerospace/defense, manufacturing, distribution, technology, and energy industries
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Participated in numerous IPOs and secondary offerings in the energy and technology Industries with transactions ranging from $5 million to $750 million
- Provided sale readiness services to several aerospace/defense companies resulting in transactions of up to $200 million
- Served as part of executive team that led compounded annual firm growth of 20 percent over five years
Scott Appel has over 30 years of professional experience providing public and private companies with accounting, auditing, financial reporting and business advisory services. He specializes in Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, regularly consulting with public companies on matters related to SOX 404 and GAAP compliance. He also has significant experience providing due diligence and other services to support major transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements. Scott’s hands-on experience as a CFO and COO enables him to relate to the challenges facing business leaders, and identify a solution that complements a client’s business objectives.
Scott has developed a focus in the aerospace/defense, manufacturing, distribution, technology and energy industries. Scott recently retired from Hein & Associates LLP where he served as the Office Managing Partner of the Irvine Office and as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He was also Chairman of the Board of Directors for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Orange County, a privately-funded non-profit organization that serves severely abused, neglected and abandoned children through the recruitment, training and continued support of volunteers who advocate and mentor these children, representing their best interest in the courtroom and other settings. Scott is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Association for Corporate Growth – Seattle Chapter. He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin. He is a CPA in the states of California and Washington.