At a Glance
- Highly experienced CFO
- Raising capital, including IPOs and public debt instruments
- Excellent strategy, planning and operations track record
- Oversaw HR and legal functions at multiple companies
- Wide-ranging industry experience
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Successfully raised over $1 billion in capital from a variety of sources including IPOs, public debt, private equity and traditional bank debt; maintained excellent relationships with Boards of Directors and investors
- Completed more than 20 M&A transactions totaling in excess of $1 billion, including acquisitions of a variety of entities ranging from those holding FCC licenses to operating companies with over 400 employees, and divestiture of a publicly traded telecom enterprise
- Functioned as part of small senior management teams to set or change strategic business and financial direction at a variety of companies
- Hired and trained numerous outstanding finance, accounting and FP&A professionals
Tom Grina has over 30 years of experience serving as chief financial officer in a variety of industries including telecommunications, software, SaaS, gaming/advertising and hardware technology. He has served start-ups as well as mature operating organizations, including public entities. Tom has extensive experience in building finance and accounting organizations, raising equity and debt capital, mergers and acquisitions, investor relations and an excellent track record in strategic business planning and operations. He was the CFO at Dial Page, Inc., a mobile phone and paging company that he took public and later sold to Nextel. Also in the telecom industry, Tom was CFO of Advanced Radio Telecom, a public broadband microwave provider, as well as Advanced Telcom Group, a competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC). Tom also served as CFO of Digeo, Inc., a developer of set-top boxes and software for the cable industry, and of WildTangent, Inc., a cross platform games service, advertising network and developer of application delivery technology. Over the course of his career, Tom has raised $1 billion in capital, including venture capital, private equity, two IPOs, several public high yield bonds, bank debt and vendor financing. In addition, Tom has successfully completed numerous M&A transactions including the sale of Dial Page to Nextel. Prior to embarking on his CFO career, Tom worked in public accounting for six years at Peat Marwick.
Tom holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Denver and is a CPA in the state of Colorado (inactive).