At A Glance
- CFO, board of directors, controller
- Leading teams of finance professionals
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Multi-operation, multi-national organizations
- Risk and insurance management
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Hired and led a team of professionals with specialties in accounting, tax, human resources, risk management, information technology, and office services for a privately held, national conglomerate
- Proven ability to step into vacant CFO positions and lead the finance and accounting departments during difficult transition periods
- Designed and installed systems of financial accounting and centralized administration for multiple companies in manufacturing, distribution, construction, leasing and real estate development
- Re-structured insurance and risk-management programs to gain significant efficiencies and control over loss experience reducing the companies’ experience modification factor and saving 56 percent in premiums
Kathy Thompson has over 30 years of experience and broad knowledge in manufacturing, distribution, leasing, marine construction and real estate development industries. She has a proven track record of success in managing strategic and financial planning, analytics, treasury, accounting, human resources, payroll, insurance and risk management, information technology, software implementations, pension management, tax and contract review. Kathy gained the majority of her experience as CFO of The Zidell Companies, where she lead the finance groups for 43 companies including start-ups, mergers & integration, and divestitures from the centralized headquarters office in Portland, Oregon. Her core competencies include selecting and leading teams, project management, developing processes and procedures and continuous improvement efforts. She is a team player with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
Kathy holds an MBA from the University of Portland and a BS in Business, with concentrations in Accounting and Finance, from Oregon State University. She is an active CPA in the State of Oregon.