- Director of Finance
- Independent consultant
- Chief Operating Officer
- EBIDTA improvements
- Capital planning
- Process improvement leadership
- Formation of accounting and analytical departments
- Board of directors
- Industries – healthcare, recreational resorts, environment
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Financial leadership for a $500 million specialties division of an integrated health care organization (insurer and provider) where he revamped the reporting and the underlying analytic staffing for the division, enabling operational leaders to achieve substantial reductions in unit costs and make confident decisions in considering new strategic opportunities
- Formed the financial and analytic operations for a new managed care organization in the Pacific Northwest that contracted with several multi-specialty groups to take on capitation and managed care operations
- Led numerous joint efforts between finance and data professionals to improve the pathway leading from data development to automated user-driven reporting
- Led many installations of new accounting systems, set ups of general and subsidiary ledgers and formation of finance/accounting teams
Walter Sive has 20 years of experience leading financial and analytical teams in the healthcare industry. Walter brings a broad range of skills, including accounting systems formation, data development, strategic analysis and corporate reporting. These skills stem from leading the analytical departments of organizations that were taking on new lines of business or developing new competencies. Such challenges are now the norm in healthcare, given rapid changes in information technology and the regulatory environment. Walter has a keen ability to provide leaders with greater insight into drivers of operational performance and, ultimately, firm performance. His skills at sorting through organizational complexity and fostering collaboration between operations and finance staff have brought significant bottom-line results. Walter also has strong technical leadership skills, as he has led an array of data and finance staff in adopting new applications and systems—from accounting professionals to financial analysts to programmers.
Walter holds a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Washington. He serves on the Board and on the Economics Committee of the Washington State Healthcare Alliance, and is Board Treasurer of Nature Bridge, an organization providing environmental education in the national parks.