At a Glance
- CFO of private equity-owned companies
- VP of Finance and division controller roles in public companies
- Private equity sale transactions
- Strategic planning and forward financial projections
- Operations-oriented budgeting
- Process improvements/cost improvement programs
- Managing relationships with ownership groups and banks
- Building relationships with sales and operations personnel
- Industries served: automotive, plastics, aerospace, heavy truck distribution, and building products
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Key role in private equity sales transactions, including developing forward projections, working with bankers, presenting to prospective buyers, and managing the quality of earnings and due diligence processes
- Successfully built full-service divisional finance organizations
- Drove process improvements, such as faster closes, rolling forecasts to enhance planning, market-based quoting processes, and resource-based product costing
Bill Helenberg is a financial executive with 30 years of experience in private equity-owned and publicly held companies, primarily in the manufacturing and distribution industries. The last third of his career has been exclusively with private equity-owned companies, including those that have undergone successful sale transactions. In one situation, he was brought in upon the departure of the incumbent CFO to facilitate an upcoming sale, which closed about a year after his arrival. Bill is well-versed in financial statements, planning and analysis, cost control, international operations, balance sheet management, and banking relations.
Bill has a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from the University of Chicago.