At A Glance
- CEO, CFO, VP Finance and Strategy, Director of FP&A, Board experience
- Business Strategy, revenue strategy, operational expertise
- International expertise with Asian manufacturing and marketplace entry in Europe and Asia
- Profitability planning and execution
- Strategic planning, forecast modeling and budgeting
- M&A negotiation and integration
- Scalability facilitation through infrastructure and process improvement
- KPI evaluation and management reporting improvement
- Consumer products, coffee, multi-unit retail, restaurant and manufacturing
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led 25-year old commercial products company through 65% CAGR in revenue growth by expanding to the high-end specialty consumer market
- Acquired, integrated and led successful acquisition of US Manufacturer. Grew revenue 62% in the first year after acquisition while improving efficiency through automation and streamlining manufacturing process.
- Led the turnaround of a company with $50 million of debt and declining store sales. In the first year, he created positive same store sales by focusing on customer and product quality. In the second year, Chris took the company through a management buyout from Sara Lee. A year later, the company was sold at a 30-fold profit from the management buyout.
Chris Legler has 25 years of experience serving in executive and financial leadership roles for organizations in the consumer products, coffee, retail, restaurant and manufacturing industries. Chris is a proven leader who defines and implements strategic plans, spending most of his career on growth transformation and optimization of businesses. During his five years as CEO of Espresso Supply, Chris led the company to grow revenues multiple times over while also helping the Bonavita brand become highly recognized within the specialty coffee and consumer housewares markets worldwide. He also led the acquisition of Eko Brands, which manufactures a reusable filter for Keurig in the U.S. In the first year after acquisition, the company increased revenues and efficiencies were created that significantly improved profitability. Chris has held various additional executive positions at Barnie’s Coffee and Tea, Starbucks, Sony, BP, Eddie Bauer, Blockbuster Entertainment, Cranium and Restaurants Unlimited. As the former owner and operator of a wholesale coffee roasting company in Marin County, Calif., Chris truly understands the needs of small business owners. Chris holds a BBA in Finance from Pacific Lutheran University and an MBA in Operations Management and International Business from Seattle University.