At a Glance
- Interim CEO, COO
- VP, general manager
- Engineering and operations leadership
- Vision and strategy development, planning and execution
- Leading teams to stellar results
- Global business development
- Developing strong client relationships
- Business development gaps and remedies
- Managing business as a process
- Executing organizational change
- Managing talent and mentoring high potential recruits
- Appreciating cultural differences
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- As COO, rebuilt a shattered supply chain after a supplier bankruptcy by re-sourcing 135 high-tech products into eight factories around the world in 15 months. This effort involved re-engineering, re-tooling, re-sourcing, re-qualifying and re-ramping each product in parallel, and leading both design and operational aspects of the program.
- As a VP and GM, doubled revenue to $400 million and quadrupled net profit by morphing a USA based sales group into a world-wide sales organization driving revenue growth by expanding the product offering with 20 new products and reorganizing into three new industry segments.
- As interim CEO for a $1 million startup guitar amplifier company, saved the company from bankruptcy by reducing fixed expenses, installing tight cost controls and acquiring key accounts leading to an eventual asset sale.
James Stewart is a general management professional with more than 30 years of experience designing, launching and manufacturing high-tech products to service a global customer base. His functional depth is strongest around operations management and product delivery, with reasonable experience in managing marketing, global sales, IT, strategic planning and business development. In addition to P&L management of businesses large and small, he has had direct leadership over manufacturing and business capabilities around the world with various experiences in multiple USA locations, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Spain, UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Mexico and Brazil. James is well suited to transforming an organization that needs to step up to the requirements of present day realities and recognize that even though ongoing operations has as its primary responsibility assurance of cost effective and high-quality product supply, it also needs to support new business initiatives that require technological advancement, responsiveness to market conditions, and acquisition and retention of key talent along the way.