At A Glance
- CFO, COO, financial controller, business development manager
- Company restructuring
- Raising capital
- EBITDA improvements
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Equity and debt financing
- Liquidity events
- Versed in international business
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Leadership role in last two companies led to successful sale transactions
- Implemented systems, reporting and planning templates, and policies in rapidly growing start-up ventures
- Rapid scale-up of companies and successful liquidity events
- Business development lead for a Fortune 200 company in acquisition transactions totaling over $800 million in combination of stock, cash and earnouts
Shri Iyengar has 34 years of experience serving in leadership roles in financial, business development, and operational management for organizations in diverse industries such as semiconductor, telecommunications, government, aerospace and consumer products. Shri began his career at Corning Incorporated, a Fortune 200 company, serving in various financial and business development roles of increasing responsibility for over 16 years, where he honed his skills in manufacturing, operational and financial discipline in various diverse businesses. For the past 12 years, Shri has served as CFO and COO in fast growing start-up companies. Most recently, Shri was COO at Botanical Laboratories, where he helped turn around the company to industry leading profitability metrics, led the effort to raise over $12 million in debt/equity financing, helped the company develop manufacturing GMP systems approved by the FDA under CFR guidelines and assisted the company through a successful sale transaction. Shri was also at Insitu Inc., a rapidly growing unmanned airplane company marketing autonomous drones to the US Military. At Insitu, where he guided the company in its growth from pre-revenue to over $80 million in four years, Shri was instrumental in developing an accounting system and costing rates approved by the DCAA, raised over $23 million in several rounds of financing, implemented systems facilitating scale-up, and set up the due diligence data room for an eventual acquisition of the company.
Shri holds an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an MS in Structural Engineering from Drexel University, and a B.Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology. He’s a CMA in the state of New York (inactive).