At A Glance
- Senior director, assistant treasurer
- Director of treasury operations
- Director of financial planning and analysis
- Director of treasury
- Financial planning and analysis
- Corporate budgeting
- Valuation and liquidity analysis
- Capital raising, equity and debt
- Loan compliance
- Interest rate and foreign exchange exposure analysis and hedging
- Treasury management, domestic and international
- Team development
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Developed a complex valuation model to support long-term business and capital structure strategy analysis
- Revamped planning process to improve forecast accuracy and scenario capability as well as developed forecast analytics highlighting financial drivers and metrics
- Raised over $6 billion in debt and equity capital
Lisa Rice has 20 years of financial experience in the distribution, energy, airline and banking industries with leadership roles in corporate treasury, financial planning and budgeting. As assistant treasurer of Univar, a highly levered, global chemical distributor, she was responsible for all aspects of the treasury function including capital structure, liquidity, foreign exchange and interest rate exposures. She transformed a decentralized treasury function into a cost efficient global treasury center, strengthening internal controls and reducing required resources by 40 percent. Lisa has successfully negotiated secured and unsecured bank credit agreements and developed strategies for liquidity, foreign exchange and interest rate risk management. She has developed and strengthened cash forecasting processes providing cash flow insight for the financial planning function and reducing interest expense.
As director of financial planning and analysis at Puget Sound Energy, Lisa led the financial planning and budgeting functions both when the company was publicly held and private equity owned. She developed long-term strategic financial plans focused on valuation and operational outcomes and led the annual financial planning and budget processes supporting and advising operational teams to ensure alignment of budget outcomes with overall financial goals. After the company’s transition to private equity ownership, Lisa redesigned the planning models to provide multi-entity cash forecasts to reflect the more complex financial structure.
Lisa holds an MBA in finance from the University of California, Los Angeles and a BBA in Accounting from the University of Michigan. She’s a licensed CPA in the state of Washington.