At a Glance
- Director FP&A, FP&A Consultant, Non-profit Board President, Treasurer
- Financial Modeling
- Forecasting & Operational Planning
- Margin analysis and improvement
- Experience in Medical Devices and Technology. Experience in Consumer goods, SAAS, Engineering, and various industries as a consultant
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Implemented the FP&A function at a $120M medical device company using forward looking performance measures leading to improved profitability, lower inventory levels, and increased cash flow
- Implemented a 24-month rolling forecasting process at a leading apparel company improving business alignment and accountability and resulting in higher gross profit margins
- Has worked with more than 25 companies in the Portland area to implement forward looking financial models and financial planning processes to facilitate improved decision making. Michael has helped businesses implement sustainable FP&A processes that guide decision making through revenue growth of more than 3x
Michael has over 17 years of experience corporate finance leadership roles in both public and privately held companies. In his role as Director of Financial Planning and Analysis at RS Medical, Michael established the FP&A function within the organization and put in place best practices relating to corporate performance management, rolling forecasting, and operational planning. This enabled the company to continually scale and adjust to changes in revenue to optimize profitability. Michael also has experience in a broad number of consulting roles helping more than 25 companies across multiple industries and has a passion to improve their Financial Planning & Analysis capabilities. Michael is often brought into consulting roles for his expert level financial modeling capabilities. His ability to deliver insights using driver based financial models improve clarity leading to better decision making and improved business performance.
Michael holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Finance from the Portland State University.