At A GlanceRoles:
- Risk Advisory Manager
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Business Advisory Consultant
- Complex Accounting Investigations
- Risk Assessments through traditional methods and data analytics
- Internal Audits/Reviews of Accounting and Operational Processes
- Sarbanes-Oxley Implementation and Optimization
- Work performed in Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing and Public Sector
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Audited a third-party entity for a public sector client, using a combination of interviews, documentation review, and data analytics to determine whether fraudulent billing occurred. Result of the audit led to contract cancellation and legal action to recover damages.
- Provided business consulting for a micro manufacturer that contributed to quadrupling revenue from $2 million to $8 million over a 24-month period. Work included designing a sales order system, implementing a marketing program, and re-aligning the organizational chart to improve operational efficiency.
- Optimized Sarbanes-Oxley program to more effectively manage risk, reduce external audit costs, and improve compliance. Work included interviews and documentation review to eliminate unnecessary controls and educate employees on how to perform control activities effectively.
- Performed general accounting review of a private manufacturing company that resulted in improving internal controls as well as identification of approximately $100 thousand in duplicate payments to vendors over a two-year period
Ali Ajami has 13 years of experience serving in business advisory and risk management roles for organizations in the health care, technology, manufacturing and public sector. His roles include working with owners and upper level management to find solutions to complex accounting/operational issues, or to identify risks through traditional or data analytic assessments. He also has worked on numerous Sarbanes-Oxley optimizations and implementations for public companies. His work has aided companies that have potential fraud and/or compliance concerns or have a desire to improve accounting/operational controls and processes. Ali Ajami holds a Masters degree in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is a CPA in the state of California with reciprocity in the state of Washington.