At A Glance
- Director of Finance, Director of Global Inventories, Operations Finance Manager
- Business systems implementation: ERP, Budgeting and Planning, Business Intelligence
- Cash flow and EBITDA improvements, ROI and capital investment evaluation
- Strategic planning and EPS guidance
- Support for merger and acquisitions and restructuring initiatives
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Implemented worldwide ERP and transition to contract manufacturing and third party logistics strategy for Intermec Technologies
- Developed and implemented new Oracle-based company-wide budget and planning system and development of BOD communications for Starbucks
- Transitioned manufacturing operations to Mexico, China and Hong Kong and closed several domestic manufacturing plants and distribution centers for Mattel Toys
Arnie Alger has more than 35 years of experience serving in a wide spectrum of financial and operational leadership roles for Fortune 500 companies. These multi-national, well-recognized companies include industries in consumer products, manufacturing, high technology, specialty retail and wireless communications. Arnie is an expert in managing traditional financial leadership roles as well as complex business operations and strategic finance decisions. As director of finance, Arnie helped guide Starbucks’ financial results and investments during the company’s incredibly successful growth period and later led the team in relocating coffee buying operations to Switzerland. At Nestle, Arnie was instrumental in integrating the Carnation, Stouffers and other brands into Nestle USA and later served as the key finance person for the Chocolate and Confections division, where he initiated new finance and operating disciplines in the commodity function. At Mattel Toys, he assumed financial responsibility for the restructuring of global manufacturing operations and inventory management, and developed a number of programs to reduce inventories and obsolescence risk. At 3M Company, he served in several key audit roles for improving operations and investigating frauds. Other roles included key finance positions with companies such as Teradyne, Intermec, T-Mobile and Johnson Controls.
Arnie holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Minnesota and an MBA in International Finance from California State University. He is a Certified Internal Auditor (inactive) and has attended the Center for Creative Leadership. He has served on the Ethics and Leadership Advisory Board for Gonzaga University.