At A Glance
- Leadership roles in information technology and digital retail/e-commerce
- Board member
- CIO, senior VP digital retail
- Team development and leadership
- Investment governance
- Leading through rapid growth
- Strategic planning
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Grew e-commerce business from $120 million to $620 million
- Drove company-wide awareness and focus on e-commerce as company marketing platform and growth engine
- Developed practices that ensured investments in customer experience were prioritized and evaluated consistently
- Grew team from 25 to 110 while leading the transition from generalist to highly specialized subject matter experts and thought leaders
Brad Brown has 30 years of experience serving in leadership roles overseeing technology and e-commerce for organizations in the retail industry. He has led multiple large information technology organizations through periods of rapid change, including Egghead Software, QFC and REI. At Egghead, Brad drastically restructured the organization to deliver quality IT services at dramatically lower costs. At QFC, he prepared the organization and its systems leading up to its acquisition by Fred Meyer. At REI, his priority was to prepare the company and systems for transition to the year 2000, developing IT governance and policies, and supporting a rapidly expanding e-commerce business. Brad’s career transitioned to P&L responsibility for REI’s e-commerce channel in 2006. He led the entire company through a transition from a small e-commerce division driving low levels of revenue growth to a much larger organization driving over 24 percent of the company’s overall revenue and nearly 75 percent of its annual revenue growth. He was successful leading the entire company through this transition to a “digital first” mindset, implementing practices and building a highly competent team of professionals to drive the business forward.
Brad holds an MBA in finance from Seattle University.