At A Glance
- CFO and CEO positions
- Building brands – CPG and distribution network for rapid market penetration
- Growing revenue and EBITDA to above industry standards
- Establishing partnership for strategic growth
- Securing debt financing
- Building enterprise value of companies
- Transfer pricing and tax structures for multi-country enterprises
- Helping families achieve their business dreams
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Built brands in a commodity market, established 100% U.S. market distribution and grew sales to over $70 million annually
- Established strategic alliances that built enterprise value
- Secured financing to support enterprise growth
- Positioned companies for maximum value while preparing the company for sale
- M&A and due diligence for non-organic growth
- Implemented global ERP system
Chris December has more than 25 years of experience in financial and general management leadership roles for Fortune 200 to privately held family companies. He enters an organization as the CFO where he quickly drives the strategic planning process, builds in-depth insight into the financial drivers of the organization and sets the course for developing teams to support business growth. Whether he is delivering performance dashboards, building strategic relationships or developing processes and procedures to mitigate risk, Chris is involved in the details of the business drivers.
He was most recently CEO of QVD Aquaculture where he grew revenues from $5 million to over $70 million, established one of the most sought-after brands in the white fish seafood category, expanded market share from 3 percent to over 25 percent, built a U.S. distribution network with 100 percent market penetration and sold the non-USA entities to foreign investors for more than 20 times earnings. Prior to QVD Aquaculture he was CFO for Mike’s Hard Lemonade where he implemented shared services and developed a strategic plan to double revenues in 24 months. He was a VP of Finance for Starbucks, helping establish strategic relationships with Pepsi Co. and Kraft Foods. Chris was also CFO for Seattle’s Best Coffee where he managed finance, accounting, manufacturing operations, IT and ecommerce sales. He worked closely with Goldman Sachs to successfully position the company to be acquired by Starbucks. Chris was VP of finance at AFC Enterprises where he led M&A, strategic planning and helped acquire Cinnabon and Seattle’s Best Coffee. Chris held other leadership roles for Intercontinental Hotels and Coca Cola. In the past 15 years, Chris has successfully sold and acquired companies valued at over $200 million, established strategic relationships valued at over $50 million in annual profit, negotiated 3 rounds of financing totaling over $25 million and building successful brands.
Chris holds an MBA from Loyola University and a BS in Finance from University of Louisiana.