At A Glance
- CEO, Managing Director, General Manager, Board of Directors, Strategy Consultant, Chief Product Officer
- Business Revitalization and Financial Turnaround
- EBITDA improvements and P&L management
- Business and Product Strategy and Business Process Improvement
- Strategic growth through M&A and integration of business units
- Software, AI, Shipping and Logistics, Financial Technology
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Developed 3-year AI strategy and synthesized roadmap and developer messaging for Intel’s CEO and his senior leadership team
- Implemented 360-degree transformation of a logistics company resulting in 800% increase in revenue per employee, 400% increase in sales over 3 years
- Transformed a $20M cost-center at Microsoft into cutting-edge knowledge management system with global processes and deployment over 60 countries across 8000 employees, resulting in $130M annual improvement in productivity, 400% reduction in costs and improvement of team morale metrics exceeding that of the entire company
Deepak Bharadwaj (DB) has more than 25 years of experience serving in technology leadership roles for organizations in the software products and services industry. He is typically called in to serve as interim CEO or Chief Product Officer of medium-sized companies, where he works to quickly make a SWOT assessment and identify areas of focus, then develop strategies to build, augment or resize teams. He excels at bringing in experts to drive fast-turnaround and support the development of new product or service lines. Deepak has served as CEO/MD of a global business turnaround services company and as CEO of a critically acclaimed fintech company that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver real-time signals and highly relevant news and social media for traders. For this role, he raised more than $4M capital, drove business and product strategy, hired teams, and oversaw development through sales. Deepak was also hired to synthesize Intel Corporation’s AI strategy and develop a three-year roadmap and developer messaging for Intel’s CEO and senior leadership team. At Swift Freight, Deepak was asked by the board to transform the $100M global logistics and shipping company for external investment. He completely transformed the company using technology to improve quality and cost of service with efficient route selection, enabling Swift to survive and thrive following the great recession of 2008. During his eight-year tenure as general manager at Microsoft, Deepak led various product and services teams, aggressively driving innovation and business growth. He also drove acquisitions and integration of companies within the organization.
Deepak Bharadwaj holds a Master’s in Computer Science from the University of Oklahoma and a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology. He is a charter member of the TiE Seattle organization.