At A Glance
- CFO, COO, general manager, board of directors
- Raising capital
- Private equity portfolio company management
- EBITDA improvements
- Strategic growth through M&A; acquisitions and divestitures
- Operational turnarounds
- Equity and debt financing
- IPO (public debt)
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Improved first and second lien lender relations to increase liquidity and permit reinvestment of capital for new branch acquisitions and organic growth resulting in increased EBITDA
- Completed the acquisition, financing and integration of two industrial minerals operations, and three aggregate operations, forming a separate regional aggregates business unit
- Directed and led the completion of a public debt initial offering under Rule 144 (a) of the Securities Act
- Significantly increased shareholder value allowing for a company recapitalization and sale to a growth-oriented private equity fund.
Gary Bockrath has over 30 years of experience serving in operational and financial leadership roles for organizations in the manufacturing, mining, processing, distribution, and business services industries. As CFO of U.S. Silica Company, the second largest producer of industrial silica in the U.S., he led efforts to spin off the company from U.K. mining conglomerate RTZ, Plc to private equity ownership. Subsequently, he managed multiple bolt on acquisitions culminating in taking the company public through a Section 144(a) public debt raise. When economic conditions deteriorated, Gary then led the company through a successful debt restructuring while maintaining its equity ownership without dilution. Gary also served as the COO/CFO of Acton Mobile Industries, a national lessor of temporary office space solutions, where he provided leadership during a period when EBITDA grew by more than 80 percent. During his tenure the company recapitalized its debt structure through a sale from its original private equity investor to a larger, growth-oriented sponsor. Most recently, Gary provided independent consulting services to several companies including a family owned multi-location manufacturing and distribution operation where he was the acting general manager overseeing a period of EBITDA growth through a 20 percent improvement in labor efficiency. Gary has also served as lead outside director for Lexington Coal Company, a specialty reclamation company created by W.L Ross and Company during their formation of the International Coal Group (ICG).
Gary Bockrath holds a BBA in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame. He’s a CPA licensed in the state of Ohio (inactive).