At A Glance
- CIO, VP, board of directors
- Visionary, pushes boundaries and uses technology as an enabler
- Thrives in complex IT environments, able to build effective and efficient systems
- Strategic, results-oriented, collaborative leader, able to assemble and inspire high-performance teams
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Architected, successfully implemented, and operated innovative on-premise, cloud based and hybrid computing infrastructure solutions and centralized ERP systems in international multi-campus organization while saving millions of dollars in capital and operating expenses. Savings were achieved by eliminating duplications, improving system utilization to nearly 100 percent, and negotiating favorable contracts with vendors.
- Developed cloud strategy, designed, and completed cloud-based and virtualization projects. Made organizations nimble by reallocating capital and operating expenditures from on-premise infrastructure based solutions to systems that scale on demand and support fluctuating workloads. Significantly reduced overhead expenses by providing tools for seamless collaboration, automation, and advanced analytics.
Gotthard Szabo has more than 20 years of leadership experience with a proven track record of developing, implementing, and operating innovative technology and business solutions in complex, international, demanding environments. Szabo has a strong, scientific computational background, with many years of experience planning, developing, acquiring, and deploying administrative systems, ERP solutions, digital marketing, and CRM tools, as well as high-performance, high-throughput analytic and research systems. Szabo is adept at building and leading high-performance cross-functional teams to exceed expectations, and frequently leads complex change initiatives through process, organizational and technology redesign. He is an expert at aligning organizational and IT strategies and establishes related governance processes and controls. Among his specialties are research and implementation of leading edge technologies, high-performance computing, scientific computing and research, cloud services, cybersecurity, business intelligence, big data, ERP implementation, restructuring and operational outsourcing management, internal control implementation and improvement, audit, risk management, architecting, designing, integrating, and optimizing technology infrastructures and operations, data center design and service acquisition, systems integration, application modernization and optimization.
Gotthard teaches graduate level cybersecurity courses in the fields of digital forensics, cyber exploitation and mitigation, secure system development and software assurance, and cloud computing security techniques. He holds a Ph.D. in computational chemistry from the University of Maryland, and holds active CISA, CISM, CRISC and CGEIT certifications.