At A Glance
- CIO, CEO, COO, Executive VP, Board Chairman
- Improvement of IT governance through managed services and sourcing strategies
- Full time and interim executive leadership roles
- EBITDA improvements through methods, process, rigor, and discipline
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Raising capital
- Healthcare, manufacturing, IT services, advertising, finance, oil and gas/pipeline.
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Doubled revenue and tripled EBITDA in 3.5 years for an IT services company, then worked in partnership with the founder to realize his exit strategy by selling to a private equity firm
- Stabilized the application portfolio for a multi-billion-dollar health care provider with multiple programs representing a total budget of $250 million, where he identified 1,500 obsolete applications for retirement, transferred 700 applications to a new data center and created a managed services environment for long term stability
- Acquired 6 advertising companies in the western USA and established regional operating centers in Texas, Utah, and Oregon; gross revenue grew from $0 to an annualized run rate of $46 million in approximately 4 years
- Transformed a wireless product company by reducing cash “burn rate” by 85% and completing several rounds of financing for a new business plan (4 public and private placements each in the $5-10 million range).
John Krpan is a Certified Management Consultant and senior executive with over 20 years of experience in the transformation and growth of a wide range of companies. He is recognized for strong leadership, effective vision and growth strategies and successful implementation of business plans for “start-ups” as well as larger companies looking to find new geographies, markets, or products. He consistently earns and maintains support from boards and all levels of management with proven skills in building and developing highly motivated teams.
Krpan has provided the design, leadership and execution for financing, reverse takeovers, geographic expansion, investor relations, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. In these roles, he typically evolved to positions with full accountability for growth strategy, company focus and profitability. Growth was achieved by (a) organically injecting the appropriate rigor, discipline, methods and processes into “start-up” entities and mature organizations alike, and (b) through mergers, acquisitions, and consolidation. A broad background in IT services is also a foundation for Krpan which enabled him to provide IT governance by serving as CIO and by specializing in managed services, sourcing strategies and IT transformation. These roles were global in nature with “hands on” experience in Eastern Europe, the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and by remotely managing teams in India and South America (Brazil).
He holds B.Sc. and M.A. degrees and he is a Certified Management Consultant.