At A Glance
- Roles held: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and President
- Multiple IPOs
- Investor Relations (private and public)
- Proven record of substantial profitability improvement at multiple entities
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Industries: software/hardware, computer telephony, e-commerce, Internet, broadband, online marketing, and biometric security
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Key leader in the turnaround of a $10 million annual revenue unprofitable hardware and software provider into a $50 million+ revenue company with 20 percent bottom line profitability
- Led two IPOs and NASDAQ listing of an OTC company
- Led SaaS company from $4 million annual revenue and $3 million loss to a $20 million revenue profitable enterprise and successful exit, without any new invested capital
- Raised approximately $200 million in capital for private and public entities
Jon Engman is a cross-functional senior leader with over 20 years of expertise guiding the growth and profitability of technology-driven organizations. His passion centers on building outstanding work cultures where employees can thrive and do their best work, leading to value creation for shareholders, investors, and ownership teams. Focusing on early stage businesses or turnarounds with high-growth opportunity, Jon has delivered an effective combination of financial expertise and strategic business acumen, pivoting between CFO, COO, and “hybrid” roles to help meet the needs of the business and drive intelligent growth. He has led two companies through IPOs, one company back onto NASDAQ from OTC, raised over $100 million in venture funding and over $70 million in post-IPO funding for public entities. Jon has spearheaded implementation of financial, operational, and project management systems, as well as sales operations software and systems at multiple entities. He has led multiple successful M&A transactions and exits in both private and public entities. Jon has a consistent track record of identifying and then participating in high-growth industry opportunities such as computer telephony, e-commerce, Internet, broadband, and security sectors as well as designing and implementing unique business models, including SaaS.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. He graduated with honors and inclusion in the Phi Beta Kappa Society.