At A Glance
- CFO, Corporate Controller, Director of SEC Reporting, Auditor
- Executive level leadership of accounting, finance, legal, human resources, IT, customer service and manufacturing
- Mergers, acquisitions, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration
- Corporate governance
- Business scalability and EBITDA/margin growth
- Financial and business level modeling
- Corporate debt and equity financing
- Software as a Service, Biotechnology and Medical Device industries
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led a $50 million minority investment in Zonar Systems, Inc. and successful sale of Zonar Systems, Inc. and Verathon Medical, Inc.
- Partnered with private equity firm and new CEO to lead the successful turnaround of a specialty pharmacy company, reducing cash burn from $200,000 per month to break-even in nine months
- Routinely reduced monthly accounting close to three business days and implemented robust internal management reporting to effectively monitor and influence financial and operational performance
Kendall Stever has more than 30 years of professional experience working with publicly and privately held high growth technology companies in the software as a service (SaaS), biotechnology and medical device industries. He is an operationally focused chief financial officer with experience in corporate governance and compliance, executive level operational management, scaling businesses for growth and profitability, financial projections and modeling, corporate financing, and mergers & acquisitions. He joined Zonar Systems, Inc., a SaaS telematics company, as the first outside (non-founder) professional executive. Using his extensive operational and financial experience, he helped lead the business from revenues of $35 million to more than $115 million while improving EBITDA margins from three percent to 20 percent and eliminating debt. He led a successful minority investment of $50 million and led the subsequent sale of Zonar to Continental AG.
As CFO of Verathon Medical, Inc., Kendall managed the global financial affairs of a rapidly growing medical device company with more than 400 employees in seven countries and played an integral role in the successful sale of the company to Roper Industries. Kendall held various financial management positions at Immunex Corporation during the company’s growth from a 200-person biotechnology research organization to a fully integrated research, manufacturing, and sales organization employing more than 2,000 — with annual sales of more than $1 billion. As both a CFO and consultant he has supported initial public offerings of biotechnology and medical device companies, led the successful turnaround of a specialty pharmacy company, and supported early-stage fundraising for a start-up medical device company. Kendall holds a BA in Business (Accounting concentration) from the University of Washington and was a licensed CPA in the state of Washington from 1990 to 2016.