At A Glance
- COO, Executive VP, GM, Director of Sales
- Operational management and controls
- Budget/Fiscal planning and performance
- Sales and channel development; prospecting and lead generation
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Investor relations and fundraising
- Board development and management
- Online subscriber-based platforms, wireless telecommunications, manufacturing, and business-to-business services
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Successfully negotiated joint venture partnerships with multiple industry leading organizations resulting in access to over $1 million in beta test equipment
- Managed worldwide sales and distribution, achieving record sales exceeding $85 million for two consecutive years
- Implemented online accounting, billing, pre-approval, and payment processes resulting in reduction of product warranty costs from 6% to 3-4%
- Achieved year-over-year strategic sales growth that increased company valuation to over $20 million, resulting in the successful sale of the division
Neil McCurdy has over 15 years of leadership experience working with small to medium-sized companies, from start-ups and emerging growth businesses to mature organizations needing tactical, hands-on leadership and reorganization with a fresh perspective on driving sales, improving profitability, and establishing strong operational processes and procedures. As the COO of OceanGate, Inc. he directed the day-to-day functional operations of the company while expanding the organization’s presence in the scientific, oil/gas, and research market verticals. During his tenure he worked closely with engineering teams and designers to develop the first-of-its-kind composite carbon fiber pressure vessel capable of carrying five crewmembers to a depth of 4,000 meters (over 13,000 feet). He oversaw all legal, regulatory, compliance, safety, and operational planning, both domestically and internationally, and helped the company achieve greater market recognition. Prior to OceanGate, he was Executive Vice President for Worldwide Sales & Service for Grand Banks Yachts, a publicly traded company based in Singapore (GBY Pte. Ltd) where he oversaw sales, distribution, and warranty service/repair. He also served as Director of the Product Design & Development Committee. Before joining Grand Banks Yachts, Neil was Vice President and General Manager of Yachtworld.com, the largest online database of brokerage yachts for sale. In less than four years, he grew the organization from a fledgling start-up into a major online resource serving the marine industry.
Neil obtained his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Puget Sound with additional undergraduate coursework obtained from the University of London, Kings Cross in literature and history and a Management Certification from the University of Washington. He is a licensed captain, professional ski instructor and amateur bike racer.