At A Glance
- CFO, CEO, senior VP, owner, interim CFO
- IPO, public and private equity, debt financing
- Team development in small, medium and large companies
- Equity investments in, acquisitions and sale of businesses
- EBITDA improvements across various company sizes and industries
- Strategic growth through new locations, M&A and franchising
- International, franchises and multi-operation organizations
- Successful in variety of industries including technology, retail, chain restaurant, medical devices, healthcare
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led $50 million IPO and multiple secondary offerings as CFO on NASDAQ.
- Built effective teams in finance, accounting, information systems, and investor relations in high growth environment from $10 million to over $300 million.
- Co-led successful team effort to improve manufacturing yield and labor efficiency of a next generation virtual reality nano-display, which led to company profitability after 18 consecutive years of losses.
- Crafted offering memorandum and marketed sale of $60 million restaurant chain.
- Turned around distressed company and re-listed company on the AMEX then continued improvements to list on the NYSE. Rang the opening bell at the NYSE.
- Authored and led re-organization plan approved by board of directors to eliminate an expensive, unprofitable line of business and providing the company a pathway to profitability and increased revenue growth.
Paul Campbell has over 30 years of experience serving in CFO and other management and financial leadership roles for organizations in the technology, retail, restaurant, medical device and healthcare industries. He has held leadership and entrepreneurial roles in both public and private companies, serving 20 years in public companies and 16 years in private companies. He has entered companies as a founding CFO, a nationally recruited CFO, a turnaround consultant and interim CFO, a minority investor serving as CEO and as the owner and CEO. He has built financial functions from the ground up, staffing and training teams in accounting, planning, analysis, information systems, investor relations and human resources. At PepsiCo, a Fortune 50 company, Paul led the planning and analysis function for over 600 Taco Bell locations. He was the first CFO of a restaurant chain called Checkers Drive-in which the management team grew from 20 to over 500 locations, financed by an IPO and follow-on public offerings during his tenure. Paul was also a partner with Tatum LLC, a national executive consulting firm where he entered eMagin Corporation, a tech firm manufacturing nano-displays, as a turnaround consultant and interim CFO, achieving the company’s first positive cash flow in its then 18-year history, and going on to build profitability in subsequent quarters. He formed Campbell Capital, LLC, a consulting firm that also invested funds in client businesses.
Paul Campbell holds a BA in business economics – accounting from the University of California Santa Barbara, as well as an MBA in finance from Pepperdine University.