At A Glance
- Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Board of Directors, VP of Relationship Management, Director of Finance
- Strategic contract negotiations
- Strategic outsourcing
- M&A prep work to sell practice on the market
- EBITDA improvements through process improvements and aggressive revenue growth
- Strategic growth through new business and corporate development
- Strategic business partner due diligence
- Kaiser Permanente-NW, Parkland Health and Hospital System, Cambia Health Solutions, Anesthesia and Analgesia Medical Group Inc., Vizient Healthcare, Compaq, Hewlett Packard
- Healthcare, Information Technology and Banking & Lending industry expert
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led the due diligence process from start to finish for the largest outsourced IT contract in a hospital. This included development of the RFP, determining the selection criteria and scoring tool, contract negotiation, and Board presentation. This outsourced relationship saved approximately 10% in annual IT spend--$12 million each year over the five-year contract.
- Possesses unique experience with operations leadership (at COO level) to implement change, improve processes and systems, lead people, etc. as well as financial leadership (at CFO level) to accurately record, report and translate complex data into meaningful and comprehensive information to help make strategic decisions
- Led a healthcare practice to the three most profitable years in 33-year history through expense reduction and revenue growth
Phil has more than 25 years of experience serving in executive financial management, operations management, and leadership roles for organizations in the healthcare and information technology industries.
Phil is a creative, resourceful, and astute executive leader who helps transform healthcare organizations. He possesses the rare combination of visionary, strategic, operational, financial, and people leadership skills, with a focus on the latter.
Phil holds an MBA in Healthcare Administration from the University of Dallas and a Bachelor of Science in both Accounting and Finance from the University of Arizona. He is a CPA in the state of Arizona and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) under the Project Management Institute (PMI).