At A Glance
- Senior Director of Accounting & Controllership, Corporate Controller, Senior Manager of Business Operations, Senior Audit Supervisor
- IPO and public company readiness
- Financial & ERP implementation and integration
- Treasury, tax, and cashflow management
- Financial reporting (including SEC), and statutory reporting
- Legal entity tax strategy and transfer-pricing arrangements
- International expansion and legal entity structuring
- Operational and people strategy
- Revenue and profitability growth
- Operational improvement and efficiency
- Sales compensation strategy and execution
- Investor relations
Key Leadership AccomplishmentsSara was instrumental in the Apptio Initial Public Offering (IPO) in 2016 and the Highspot Series D/D-1 venture capital raise of $135 million in 2019. She has led financial system and ERP implementations for multiple companies with highly diverse and geographically disbursed operations. Additionally, she has led strategic expansion programs for multiple companies into international markets including Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Vietnam.
Sara Dickinson has over 10 years of experience serving in financial leadership roles for organizations primarily in the technology and SaaS industries. She often enters as an organization’s corporate controller on the senior executive leadership team, transforming financial operations from the bottom up. She has a track record of success helping companies move beyond outdated processes and achieving modern finance operations through a combination of people, processes, and technology. Sara started her career at KPMG in the audit practice, working with a wide range of organizations in the real estate, technology, healthcare, professional services, software, and SaaS industries. After leaving KPMG, she spent several years working in the high-tech industry for a mix of early-stage startups, emerging growth companies, and public companies. Sara holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting with minors in Economics and Management Information Systems from Washington State University. She also holds a Master of Professional Accountancy (MPACC), from the University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business. She’s an active Certified Public Accountant in the State of Washington.