At A Glance
- CMO, SVP Marketing Strategy, VP Client Partner, VP Sales Operations
- Business and marketing strategy, demand generation, account-based marketing, advertising and branding
- Digital channels—eCommerce, social, search, web, email, mobile
- Business development, B2B, B2C, and sales operations
- Marketing and web operations, data management, analytics, BI
- Global team and program management
- Industries—High tech (hardware & software), wireless, pharmaceuticals, travel/resort, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, beverages, and advertising and marketing services
- Fortune 100 and medium business experience
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Implemented sales operations practice for a mid-market marketing services company, deploying Salesforce.com globally. Created business intelligence function and instituted pricing strategies resulting in 15% increase in deals and improved margins.
- As CMO for $100 Million Vermont resort, developed the 3-year strategic business plan with the goal of positioning the resort for sale. The plan included repositioning and rebranding with a focus on improving customer satisfaction, capital improvements, and a targeted demand generation and PR program. Share increased 5 percentage points, top line revenue grew 20%. The resort sold to a major ski holding company meeting investor goals.
- Built global analytics and data management organization for Fortune 100 technology company. Increased eCommerce by 2x, improved search ROI by 50%, and implemented data driven decisioning for eCommerce and digital marketing.
Seth Romanow has more than 30 years of experience serving in executive management roles providing strategic leadership in B2B and B2C marketing, marketing and sales operations, and data and analytics for organizations in high tech, wireless, manufacturing, and consumer products. He partners with clients to tackle marketing challenges by developing effective, creative, and actionable strategies and solutions. His experience includes leadership and advisory roles with Fortune 100 and mid-sized companies. Large company experience includes Microsoft, HP, Intel, T-Mobile, Apple, AstraZeneca, IBM, MM Mars, and Coors. In the mid-market, he’s been the CMO at a large Vermont ski and golf resort and a publicly-traded, global marketing services company. He has also worked with other mid-sized companies, such as Getty Images. As a digital transformation advocate, Seth has been deeply engaged in digital – from developing digital marketing strategies and digital analytics to marketing operations and content management. He is an innovative, results-oriented marketing executive with deep experience using data and digital channels to connect brands with customers and drive growth. Seth holds an MBA in Marketing from the NYU Stern School of Business and an A.B. in Political Science and Russian Studies from Occidental College. He is a founding board member and past president of the Digital Analytics Association.