At A Glance
- CFO, director of finance, controller
- Raising and managing capital
- Increased EBITDA via both strategic and tactical improvements
- M&A accounting – well versed with ASC 805 and FAS 141R
- Equity and debt financing
- Negotiating and managing bank credit
- Manufacturing, healthcare, transportation and logistics, e-commerce, professional services and banking
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Led Custom Control Concepts, LLC (a private equity-owned company) as acting CFO while being acquired by publicly traded Astronics Corp. Maintained financial control and developed a new financial project management program that provided increased oversight and new insights to project costs.
- Optimized EBITDA by strategically identifying specific route costs relative to revenues for Haney Truck Line
- Managed $2.5 million of capital funding through Kickstarter for PicoBrew Inc. – a start-up company manufacturing home beer brewing systems
Victor Ross has more than 30 years of experience serving as controller and CFO for organizations in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, transportation and logistics, e-commerce, professional services and banking. He has been an active consultant for the past 10 years for companies that ranged from private start-ups to large public companies, as well as many private equity-owned companies. His skill set contains a blend of strategic and tactical skills that can provide a quick assessment of how to approach and solve issues and get results that add instant value. He has developed a toolbox that contains the best of the best strategies, processes and procedures developed over his many years of consulting. Victor assumed the CFO role of an aerospace manufacturer who was in distress and led the company thru acquisition by a public company, then was asked to remain there thru the first quarter of its 10Q filing. Restoring order from chaos is one of his strengths as was evident when he was engaged by the CFO of the largest seafood company in the State of Alaska and successfully turned around the company’s accounting and finance department to be audit-ready with a full set of internal controls that never previously existed. He further led the company through its first successful audit. As the CFO of a $100 million trucking company, Victor created dynamic forecasting and budgeting tools that saved the company from an increasingly restrictive asset-based line-of-credit, and implemented a full system conversion while resolving electronic billing issues that plagued the company.
Victor holds a BBA in accounting and a minor in computer science from the Chaminade University of Honolulu. He is a CPA in the State of Idaho. (inactive).