At A Glance
- SVP and CFO, Chief Restructuring Officer, Bankruptcy Receiver, Public Company Director, Joint Venture Director, Board Consultant
- Raising capital
- EBITDA and cash flow improvements
- Organizational development
- Strategic growth through M&A
- Equity and debt financing
- Manufacturing, construction, e-commerce, high tech, consumer products, restaurant, nutraceutical, timber, heavy equipment distribution
Key Leadership Accomplishments
- Reduced accounts receivable for government services contactor from 90 DSO to 58 DSO generating over $35 million in cash flow, eliminating $30 million in short-term borrowing resulting in positive cash balances
- Completed successful $100 million IPO for a development stage company
- As Chief Restructuring Officer, completed liquidation of a company consistent with the objectives of the Board of Directors
Bill Zang has 45 years of experience serving in senior financial and operating roles for public and private companies in electronics manufacturing, consumer products, government services, construction, retail, e-commerce, and other industries. He has also served as a director of a public company and two international joint ventures. He has been a chief restructuring officer for a company in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and served as a receiver for a company undergoing liquidation. Bill also has extensive merger, acquisition, and divestiture experience.
Bill is often involved in organizations undergoing significant transitions due to growth, restructuring, or declining revenues. In his various roles he has been involved in raising capital, organizational development, and strategic planning, and was instrumental in completing a successful $100 million IPO in the fuel cell industry. For the last eight years, Bill transformed the finance function for an Alaskan Native Corporation with revenue in excess of $600 million while restructuring debt, assisting in M&A activity, and developing long-term strategy. Bill also completed a successful liquidation of a restaurant chain through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Bill holds a BS degree in Accounting from the University of Illinois and an MBA in Finance from Loyola University in Chicago.