A global leader in the manufacture of truck mounted carpet cleaning equipment experienced the sudden departure of its general manager after less than a year in the role, raising concerns about executive retention and brand viability in the market.
A NextLevel executive stepped into the general manager role, quickly built credibility with the executive team, and engaged key customers and partners to assure them of company viability. Strategies executed during the interim period included:
- Secured the on-going commitment of key executives, one of whom was ready to depart the company.
- Developed quarterly goals, strategies and tactics with company-wide visibility.
- Kept employees engaged, positive and motivated about the future through ongoing communication and company events.
- Directly engaged with key customers to help drive sales and to accelerate the launch of a custom product created specifically for one of the company’s largest distributors.
- Identified longer term opportunities to improve gross margins and address product development issues.
- Served as the first interviewer of all general manager candidates and smoothly on-boarded/transitioned the new executive into the position.
During this period the company achieved the best bottom line financial performance of the business in over 18 months, a key product development initiative was launched that drove $500,000 in incremental revenue and product backorders delivery times were cut in half. All key executive team members and employees were retained and the new GM was fully engaged within two weeks of hire.